Now Departing from....
Long ash coats and cherry faces
say nearly, but not quite.
Long grey coats and beady faces
say tomorrow, maybe.
Long drizzled coats and dreary faces
say very, very nearly.
Long black coats and scaly faces
say lift as one.
God he's heavy.
White gowns and plastic gloves long gone
just sorry gloves for someone.
John Scully's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Now Departing from.... by John Scully )
- Our Two souls connected in that moment s.., Erato
- Faithful, Forgiving & Kind., Tom Zart
- A Striking Woman, Naveed Akram
- A bird on the roof, Slim Jay
- It's Every thing, Cee Bea
- A good teacher, Slim Jay
- The Constant., Tony Adah
- The Enemy Behind Me, Slim Jay
- Religion's Devils, Naveed Akram
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)