Bats and Butterflies
Bats and butterflies,
Flew crazyily in my brain,
Then outside in my garden, just the same.
Darting revved up through black rain.
These fliers knew no boundaries,
As they crashed from garden to brain,
Back outside then inside, again and again.
All of them universe bound,
Existed visually but lacking a sound.
I wished for only butterflies to see,
I had no need for bats' company,
But how could I alter nature's ways?
Now I stayed in my mind, all meditation day.
Mental determination appeared in this med,
The stream of concentration, diffused out the bats.
Now butterflies in billions, fluttered around instead!
So I saw what I chose to concentrate on,
My eyes feasted on swirling colors,
Both inside and outside my head,
The thoughts in my meditation said,
You can control your world's perception.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bats and Butterflies by Vera Sidhwa )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid