Bats and Butterflies
Bats and butterflies,
Flew crazyily in my brain,
Then outside in my garden, just the same.
Darting revved up through black rain.
These fliers knew no boundaries,
As they crashed from garden to brain,
Back outside then inside, again and again.
All of them universe bound,
Existed visually but lacking a sound.
I wished for only butterflies to see,
I had no need for bats' company,
But how could I alter nature's ways?
Now I stayed in my mind, all meditation day.
Mental determination appeared in this med,
The stream of concentration, diffused out the bats.
Now butterflies in billions, fluttered around instead!
So I saw what I chose to concentrate on,
My eyes feasted on swirling colors,
Both inside and outside my head,
The thoughts in my meditation said,
You can control your world's perception.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bats and Butterflies by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Love and Peace, Akhtar Jawad
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro