I used to think sleep was a way to escape.
A way to live happily, a way to find ambition.
But these images we conceive are merely fake
Once we break hold of this motionless position.
Within this, reality is but an illusion.
Though we believe this not to be true.
And to understand this may bring about confusion
But doing so we can begin anew.
To lie asleep, we can never live our lives.
Asleep, we have lied too long.
It is time that we open our eyes
So that again, we may move along.
Rise. We may never be given another chance
To be able to build, discover and advance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awaken by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Golden-Boy', Edward Kofi Louis
- After The Rain, Ronald Chapman
- अराय सैथो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Having Premarital Sex, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vision of India, Laxman Rao
- Under The Big Oak Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- As You Came Along, Edward Kofi Louis
- However Much, JAMES T. ADAIR
- A SUBJECT, ROCHISH MON
- My Friend, The Princess