Aaron Allen Woodall
you saw me first
to gaze in your eyes
pieces fall like chunks
these are my insides
but that one came true
to see again
and there are big ones, too.
I didn't risk
same as before
do I appear?
remember how time
never exists for us here
slowing way down
centrif ugal: -adjective
moving or directed outward from the center
force: - noun
strength or power exerted upon on object
strength; energy; power; intensity
power to influence, affect, or control
does it hit you, too?
no one can touch
no one can see
it was but brief.
a short and beautiful history
in a way so tiny
and history is always on set on 'repeat'
Eines Tages...eines Tages
I shudder because..
well, you wore
my favorite sweater
all goes still.
in the darkness, alone
I still have you over and over
allowing myself that one and only true pleasure
a great big sweep
and I swear to God
I only find that release
if your name was at my lips
a cold reality
it sinks me.
For big dreams.
Aaron Allen Woodall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awaiting by Aaron Allen Woodall )
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
- Assimilating Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- An Ode To Odes Of Olde (Love & Woe), Tad Russell
- 15 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)