Change is all around, in the town, city and land,
Shall I too bury my head like the ostrich in the sand?
Or shall I rise from the ashes
like the phoenix fresh and new?
Should I stay? Should I go?
I really, really just don’t know.
The dark cloak of winter will soon be here,
Sweet Autumn, your leaves are like lovers’ tears,
Dropping, decaying then disappearing away,
Fertilising the earth for yet another day.
Autumn, a time for gathering and storing to keep,
As the hedgehog roles up for his winter’s sleep,
We mortals weaken with creaky old bones,
Some retiring to nursing homes.
mai venn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by mai venn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai