Are We Not Dripping In Gold?
My sweet good lord,
ignore my sins for tonight,
for I will be in the company,
of bad men in good suits,
and good girls in bad places,
ChamPAIN for everyone here,
yes we are successful,
we got the nicest sCARS,
and mistresses with model agencies.
But I could do with,
a mother who knew my name,
and a daddy who prefered coca cola.
Are we not dripping in gold?
I swear, my tears are just glamorous now.
I control the board room,
but I am bored of the same room, same suits.
Success = Happiness, thats what I beLIEved.
But I only saw what I wanted,
not what I needed.
No bartender, I ain't in no rush to get 'home',
have a drink on me,
keep the change,
spend it with your family.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are We Not Dripping In Gold? by Rachel Henley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham