Are We Not Dripping In Gold?
My sweet good lord,
ignore my sins for tonight,
for I will be in the company,
of bad men in good suits,
and good girls in bad places,
ChamPAIN for everyone here,
yes we are successful,
we got the nicest sCARS,
and mistresses with model agencies.
But I could do with,
a mother who knew my name,
and a daddy who prefered coca cola.
Are we not dripping in gold?
I swear, my tears are just glamorous now.
I control the board room,
but I am bored of the same room, same suits.
Success = Happiness, thats what I beLIEved.
But I only saw what I wanted,
not what I needed.
No bartender, I ain't in no rush to get 'home',
have a drink on me,
keep the change,
spend it with your family.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are We Not Dripping In Gold? by Rachel Henley )
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns