Let me slide my fingers, in between the gaps of yours.
Clutch your hand as if we're about to do a leap of faith.
A risk that only two inseparable lovers would take.
We do not know where this fall will take us.
Or if it will even ever end.
We could ride the wind smoothly.
Or dive to our untimely deaths.
But honestly darling,
I wouldn't do it with anybody else.
Exchange your faith with mine.
We'l defy the laws of physics.
And bend the rules of time.
We are in love blindly.
But in your heart is where you shall always find me.
I have never truly loved anyone before.
And I will never love anyone more.
Don't ever part with me.
Cause I believe you truly never will.
You can leave my side.
You can take away all your things.
But you cannot take away.
All the happiness, you once did bring.
I never lived before,
but you gave my breathe a purpose.
And if you ever left.
To breathe anymore,
would be worthless.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worthless Breath by Rachel Henley )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- tea by the roadside, Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Dance With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Spy Terrorist, Marieta Maglas
- So what becomes of you my love?, Akhil S Behl
- In the Eye of the Ferris Wheel, Reagan A. Latumbo
- On Taking Secretaries to Lunch, Donal Mahoney
- The Lizard Said Yes, Tony Adah
- For real this time, yashovardhan kulkarni
- hey hog rider, does the roof have ricket.., Mandolyn ...
- my hair is still growing as fast as the .., Mandolyn ...