Let me slide my fingers, in between the gaps of yours.
Clutch your hand as if we're about to do a leap of faith.
A risk that only two inseparable lovers would take.
We do not know where this fall will take us.
Or if it will even ever end.
We could ride the wind smoothly.
Or dive to our untimely deaths.
But honestly darling,
I wouldn't do it with anybody else.
Exchange your faith with mine.
We'l defy the laws of physics.
And bend the rules of time.
We are in love blindly.
But in your heart is where you shall always find me.
I have never truly loved anyone before.
And I will never love anyone more.
Don't ever part with me.
Cause I believe you truly never will.
You can leave my side.
You can take away all your things.
But you cannot take away.
All the happiness, you once did bring.
I never lived before,
but you gave my breathe a purpose.
And if you ever left.
To breathe anymore,
would be worthless.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worthless Breath by Rachel Henley )
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)