Anthem Of Life
Say it not in grieving breath,
That life is but an awful chase.
For the life that slumbers is ruined,
And nothing is real ‘xcept we made it so.
Life is sweet! Its toil is worth the tussle!
The grave is not its end.
We are dust but not our souls,
A divine spark within our bosom burns.
Not to labor, nor to enjoy,
Was not our destined task
But to act the script of Him who made us
And spread his fragrance on this sphere.
In the world’s large field of battle,
In this transit camp of life,
Be not like a driven steed of burden
But a champion of your every struggle.
Put no trust in the unknown morrow,
For you know not what it brings.
Act fast while the day still linger
And, fill your days with glee.
Our heroes’ tales a witness to us,
We can make our lives sublime.
When we quit life’s giant stage,
History’s’ pages will bear our deeds.
Pages that someday may the morrow inspire,
Set aflame the fainting souls of dreary pilgrims.
Sailing thru’ life’s stormy coast expired,
May find strength to brace life’s every grim.
Let us therefore with heads up high,
Even while life’s soar wine we taste.
For if we do, we birth a strength for the morrow
That will aid another in his quest.
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anthem Of Life by Dave BenOdafe )
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'La Zona 37', Edward Kofi Louis
- Falling Down, Edward Kofi Louis
- FIRST LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Hidden treasure of her beauty, ademola oluwabusayo
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2010, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)