'Cos You’re Gone
I feel like a song without the words.
A bird without its wings.
A man without his soul.
A heart without a home.
I feel like a man who has lost his mind.
A youth who has lost his dreams.
A king who has lost his crown.
A knight who has lost his sword.
I feel like a ship beneath the waves.
A child who‘d lost his way.
A night without the stars.
A sky without the sun.
You were the smile on my face.
The joy in my heart.
The dreams in my mind.
The sun in my day.
But now you’re no more.
No words conceived can describe,
No words written can convey;
How I feel, how it hurts, how much I missed you.
Cos I wish you’re here, in my life again.
For when you’re in my arms, I feel I’m home.
Though many years had past,
Since you’re gone.
Though many suns had set,
Since you’re gone.
It hurts still, like its yesterday
But I know someday,
We’ll be together again
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Cos You’re Gone by Dave BenOdafe )
- Journey, Arno Le Roux
- Morning Light, Arno Le Roux
- My Honesty Hurt Me More, Arno Le Roux
- Crossword Puzzles, Arno Le Roux
- Unpacking Gold, Arno Le Roux
- Storybook Story, Arno Le Roux
- God's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- Willow, weep for us, Peter Jay Shippy
- Masking War, Arno Le Roux
- Wedding Album, Jeannette Heywood
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Hedgehog, Paul Muldoon
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1679 - 1718)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Maithili Sharan Gupt
(3 August 1886 – 12 December 1964)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 April 1932 - 20 December 2000)