'Cos You’re Gone
I feel like a song without the words.
A bird without its wings.
A man without his soul.
A heart without a home.
I feel like a man who has lost his mind.
A youth who has lost his dreams.
A king who has lost his crown.
A knight who has lost his sword.
I feel like a ship beneath the waves.
A child who‘d lost his way.
A night without the stars.
A sky without the sun.
You were the smile on my face.
The joy in my heart.
The dreams in my mind.
The sun in my day.
But now you’re no more.
No words conceived can describe,
No words written can convey;
How I feel, how it hurts, how much I missed you.
Cos I wish you’re here, in my life again.
For when you’re in my arms, I feel I’m home.
Though many years had past,
Since you’re gone.
Though many suns had set,
Since you’re gone.
It hurts still, like its yesterday
But I know someday,
We’ll be together again
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Cos You’re Gone by Dave BenOdafe )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez