I don't have all the answers
But the ones I do have are priceless.
I seek them for my daily bread,
Other times I just let myself be.
I do know some basic facts…
They anchor my footings in this short life.
Like the Sun always rises from the East,
And gives the moon its shine from its burning desires.
I might fall prey to four unpredictable seasons,
I cry when I hear a break-up song.
I love my family unconditionally.
I respect God; I don't second or third guess him,
I let Him be too. I don't curse God when thing in my life go wrong,
He has his reasons and I need to complete my journey.
These cornerstones hold my life together.
They allow me to sail through life's ups and downs.
I don't fuss about the size of my bank account either,
Whether it overflowing like Niagara Falls
Or if it is like a tiny creek fighting its way through a dense rooted forest.
I just live one day at time and I thank God each morning
When I open m eyes from each night's deep sleep.
And yes I do follow the Golden Rule
I respect my fellow Man,
If I'm shown the middle finger by intention or mistake,
I pretend it is their way to remind my busy day
Where my caring creator resides- in heaven -and at end of the day
All will be just fine and to be thankful for this wake up call
And It is the devil-not I or them-that is tormented.
And if I hear a shout or two or witness a quarrel or two,
I pretend it's a Hallelujah choir warming up, or just artistic temperament
And that too shall pass to achieve a harmonic tone.
And if lack of smiles frame my wintry days,
I bite into a tablet of sweet dark chocolate and how simple is that!
Life is simple…
Life is sweet
Life is beautiful
I am alive,
And that is my daily thanksgiving.
Feb 5 2012
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
Rev Nov 2 2014
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Answers by Leaking Pen )
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)