I don't have all the answers
But the ones I do have are priceless.
I seek them for my daily bread,
Other times I just let myself be.
I do know some basic facts…
They anchor my footings in this short life.
Like the Sun always rises from the East,
And gives the moon its shine from its burning desires.
I might fall prey to four unpredictable seasons,
I cry when I hear a break-up song.
I love my family unconditionally.
I respect God; I don't second or third guess him,
I let Him be too. I don't curse God when thing in my life go wrong,
He has his reasons and I need to complete my journey.
These cornerstones hold my life together.
They allow me to sail through life's ups and downs.
I don't fuss about the size of my bank account either,
Whether it overflowing like Niagara Falls
Or if it is like a tiny creek fighting its way through a dense rooted forest.
I just live one day at time and I thank God each morning
When I open m eyes from each night's deep sleep.
And yes I do follow the Golden Rule
I respect my fellow Man,
If I'm shown the middle finger by intention or mistake,
I pretend it is their way to remind my busy day
Where my caring creator resides- in heaven -and at end of the day
All will be just fine and to be thankful for this wake up call
And It is the devil-not I or them-that is tormented.
And if I hear a shout or two or witness a quarrel or two,
I pretend it's a Hallelujah choir warming up, or just artistic temperament
And that too shall pass to achieve a harmonic tone.
And if lack of smiles frame my wintry days,
I bite into a tablet of sweet dark chocolate and how simple is that!
Life is simple…
Life is sweet
Life is beautiful
I am alive,
And that is my daily thanksgiving.
Feb 5 2012
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
Rev Nov 2 2014
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Answers by Leaking Pen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd