Another Year Older
I look forward to the future,
As I look back upon the past,
And I hope I'll keep remembering,
For as long as my life may last,
And I hope that my album of life,
Will have an expanding trend,
And that my ability to refer to it,
Will stay with me to the end.
I hope its colours never fade,
Or its bright reflections dull,
For from these is the person made,
And a life can never be full.
Unless the memory stays clear
For those remaining days,
Without fading into the mists,
Of an autumnal evening's haze.
To gradually disappear
Into a wintry fog bound Hell.
A man without a memory
Is a mere empty shell.
Tom Higgins 22/02/2013
Tom Higgins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Year Older by Tom Higgins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey