We always knew,
chance might come some day.
Like a whisper in the wind,
I might have to go far away.
I know it must,
hurt you so.
But let me open my wings,
so I may go.
Just a few more seconds,
a life time of moments still to attend too.
I would give the world,
Just to spend another night with you.
So wipe those tears
from your face.
I can assure you,
I'm heading to a far better place.
You will understand once,
you gaze into the candlelight.
And within your heart,
you'll see I'll be alright.
Because when the candle of life,
is lit on fire.
In the wavering flame,
is another angel to admire.
So what I ask of you,
is please don't mourn.
For today is a special day,
an angel was born.
in the still of the night,
As the angels dance,
in the flickering light.
So tonight light a candle
in remembrance of me.
And for all the angels,
that soon will be.
Always have comfort,
I'll be watching you from high an above.
Just think of me, I will be there,
Signed your Angel with Love.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angels Letter by Jay Aguiniga )
- Moving Along Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Gift, Michael McParland
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Are Too Beautiful For Me, Mark Webster
- Living Through Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are my qualifier, Ruby Frankel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)