We always knew,
chance might come some day.
Like a whisper in the wind,
I might have to go far away.
I know it must,
hurt you so.
But let me open my wings,
so I may go.
Just a few more seconds,
a life time of moments still to attend too.
I would give the world,
Just to spend another night with you.
So wipe those tears
from your face.
I can assure you,
I'm heading to a far better place.
You will understand once,
you gaze into the candlelight.
And within your heart,
you'll see I'll be alright.
Because when the candle of life,
is lit on fire.
In the wavering flame,
is another angel to admire.
So what I ask of you,
is please don't mourn.
For today is a special day,
an angel was born.
in the still of the night,
As the angels dance,
in the flickering light.
So tonight light a candle
in remembrance of me.
And for all the angels,
that soon will be.
Always have comfort,
I'll be watching you from high an above.
Just think of me, I will be there,
Signed your Angel with Love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angels Letter by Jay Aguiniga )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan
- a good day to say goodbye, Juwon Daniel
- The Fall, Robert Kane
- THE AWAKENING, Chromium Blues
- Recife Sidewalks, Kim Barney
- Friendship is the desire of soul, love exo
- Brave Women, Shqipe Prence