Asking the stars why
On how far I have came
I see the faded highway
Flying amongst the stars
The feeling of falling
Wishin I could turn back time
If I could change one thing,
One more second to react
I could have missed...
Erase that fatal memory.
He never knew...
This would be his last ride.
The car out of control
Feelin' haunted, twisted metal
His world changed,
I try to rewind,
asking God why
Even though I know the answer
I'm asking God to try
in my rearview mirror.
I see the faded highway.
I never knew that boy,
But there isn't a day
I don't think of that boy.
Wishin it Hadn' ended that way,
But some things are meant
It's the way
it's supposed to be..
No one knows why
No answers even though we try.
My soul scarred
My tears falling, searching
For answers in the stars.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asking the stars why by Jay Aguiniga )
- Winter in Sephora, Akash Justin Ovian
- Hopeless on Ice, Akash Justin Ovian
- Dance of the Bodhisattva, Akash Justin Ovian
- Questions, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- reflection, lee fones
- AN ODE TO AUTUMN, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Remote Control War, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- African Voter?, Gedion Onyango
- Weakness In Me, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- The Correspondence School Instructor Say.., Galway Kinnell
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)