Asking the stars why
On how far I have came
I see the faded highway
Flying amongst the stars
The feeling of falling
Wishin I could turn back time
If I could change one thing,
One more second to react
I could have missed...
Erase that fatal memory.
He never knew...
This would be his last ride.
The car out of control
Feelin' haunted, twisted metal
His world changed,
I try to rewind,
asking God why
Even though I know the answer
I'm asking God to try
in my rearview mirror.
I see the faded highway.
I never knew that boy,
But there isn't a day
I don't think of that boy.
Wishin it Hadn' ended that way,
But some things are meant
It's the way
it's supposed to be..
No one knows why
No answers even though we try.
My soul scarred
My tears falling, searching
For answers in the stars.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asking the stars why by Jay Aguiniga )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain