Listen, Angelika, listen,
Do not lose your ray of hope.
Doctors are not always right,
diagnosis may be wrong!
You know, machines too
don't ever work properly.
Look, hey My angel, lift
lift your head-
Oh! Angela! You are weeping!
We are tight-roping, between
life and death, half in life
and half in death is our
step! Biopsy Report tells
your breasts are caught
by cancer, the fatal disease!
Your fiance may leave you,
you are afraid!
Which one is more important
to you, to fight back to
life or love which you
suspect to be gone with
the wind of disease?
No, no Angelika, fight
to come back to a new
life where love stays
for love, hope waits
for hope, where nothing
is fake, false, full of fear!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angelika, Listen by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)