I'd love to be an idiot,
And never have a care.
About the crap that's in the sea,
Or poison in the air.
I want to be an idiot,
And never be afraid.
Of the snipers deadly gun,
Or muggers slicing blade.
I long to be an idiot,
And live in my own world.
Where violence doesn't raise its head,
And no abuse is hurled.
I beg to be an idiot,
Not waiting by the phone.
And even when I'm by myself,
I'd never feel alone.
I wish to be an idiot,
A dim and dozy dope.
Whatever things went wrong with life,
I'd never give up hope.
Yes, if I was an idiot,
Hatred, hurt and pain.
Would never ever bother me
And I'd be born again.
But, if I was an idiot,
And missed out all the strife.
I'd miss out all the other things,
That make up every life.
The heartfelt words, the warmth, the love,
The closeness and all that.
I don't want to be an idiot,
I think I'll stay a PRAT
Flying Lemming's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Idiot by Flying Lemming )
- Staying Power, Michael McParland
- On The Brink Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)