I'd love to be an idiot,
And never have a care.
About the crap that's in the sea,
Or poison in the air.
I want to be an idiot,
And never be afraid.
Of the snipers deadly gun,
Or muggers slicing blade.
I long to be an idiot,
And live in my own world.
Where violence doesn't raise its head,
And no abuse is hurled.
I beg to be an idiot,
Not waiting by the phone.
And even when I'm by myself,
I'd never feel alone.
I wish to be an idiot,
A dim and dozy dope.
Whatever things went wrong with life,
I'd never give up hope.
Yes, if I was an idiot,
Hatred, hurt and pain.
Would never ever bother me
And I'd be born again.
But, if I was an idiot,
And missed out all the strife.
I'd miss out all the other things,
That make up every life.
The heartfelt words, the warmth, the love,
The closeness and all that.
I don't want to be an idiot,
I think I'll stay a PRAT
Flying Lemming's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Idiot by Flying Lemming )
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)