I'd love to be an idiot,
And never have a care.
About the crap that's in the sea,
Or poison in the air.
I want to be an idiot,
And never be afraid.
Of the snipers deadly gun,
Or muggers slicing blade.
I long to be an idiot,
And live in my own world.
Where violence doesn't raise its head,
And no abuse is hurled.
I beg to be an idiot,
Not waiting by the phone.
And even when I'm by myself,
I'd never feel alone.
I wish to be an idiot,
A dim and dozy dope.
Whatever things went wrong with life,
I'd never give up hope.
Yes, if I was an idiot,
Hatred, hurt and pain.
Would never ever bother me
And I'd be born again.
But, if I was an idiot,
And missed out all the strife.
I'd miss out all the other things,
That make up every life.
The heartfelt words, the warmth, the love,
The closeness and all that.
I don't want to be an idiot,
I think I'll stay a PRAT
Flying Lemming's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Idiot by Flying Lemming )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- TO MY BEST FRIEND, Hriata Sailo
- Inner Sights, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sage destiny., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- War Again!, John Ugolo Umah
- Turn And Whine, John Ugolo Umah
- Black Soil, John Ugolo Umah
- Dance Away...., Diana Euyoque
- What I Want From This Crazy Place, Lucy Dowlingbrown
- In Dreams I Prefer To Be, Rohit Sapra
- Treasure Chest Of Our Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak