I'd love to be an idiot,
And never have a care.
About the crap that's in the sea,
Or poison in the air.
I want to be an idiot,
And never be afraid.
Of the snipers deadly gun,
Or muggers slicing blade.
I long to be an idiot,
And live in my own world.
Where violence doesn't raise its head,
And no abuse is hurled.
I beg to be an idiot,
Not waiting by the phone.
And even when I'm by myself,
I'd never feel alone.
I wish to be an idiot,
A dim and dozy dope.
Whatever things went wrong with life,
I'd never give up hope.
Yes, if I was an idiot,
Hatred, hurt and pain.
Would never ever bother me
And I'd be born again.
But, if I was an idiot,
And missed out all the strife.
I'd miss out all the other things,
That make up every life.
The heartfelt words, the warmth, the love,
The closeness and all that.
I don't want to be an idiot,
I think I'll stay a PRAT
Flying Lemming's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Idiot by Flying Lemming )
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)