I'd love to be an idiot,
And never have a care.
About the crap that's in the sea,
Or poison in the air.
I want to be an idiot,
And never be afraid.
Of the snipers deadly gun,
Or muggers slicing blade.
I long to be an idiot,
And live in my own world.
Where violence doesn't raise its head,
And no abuse is hurled.
I beg to be an idiot,
Not waiting by the phone.
And even when I'm by myself,
I'd never feel alone.
I wish to be an idiot,
A dim and dozy dope.
Whatever things went wrong with life,
I'd never give up hope.
Yes, if I was an idiot,
Hatred, hurt and pain.
Would never ever bother me
And I'd be born again.
But, if I was an idiot,
And missed out all the strife.
I'd miss out all the other things,
That make up every life.
The heartfelt words, the warmth, the love,
The closeness and all that.
I don't want to be an idiot,
I think I'll stay a PRAT
Flying Lemming's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Idiot by Flying Lemming )
- Banter, Stephen Peter Mills
- Old House, Naveed Khalid
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns