An Epitaph For Man
While leaves are green and bright the sun
While water flows so pristine pure
Prize these blessings before they're gone
Fouled by greed and Man's erasure.
Dread the time when Earth shall be
Naked of all these fawn and fauna-
Devoid of things that we used to see
A denuded cavern of our enigma.
With all our man-made indiscretions
The air itself will be null for breathing,
Reaping death in nuclear explosions
Perhaps in time, it's poison we're inhaling.
So here we will lie and thus be remembered:
'This is the specie created for dominion
Over plants of the Earth, all creatures and herd,
Sadly he caused all of their destruction.'
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~03.02.2014
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Epitaph For Man by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal