An Epitaph For Man
While leaves are green and bright the sun
While water flows still pristine pure
Enjoy these blessings before they're gone
Fouled by greed and Man's erasure.
Dread the time when Earth shall be
Naked of all these fawn and fauna-
Devoid of things that we used to see
A denuded habitat of our enigma.
With all our man-made obliterations
The air itself will refuse our breathing,
Blowing up death in nuclear explosions
We live in a time, it's poison we're inhaling.
Masks will not do nor vaccines suffice,
Each day clicks the clock of our existence,
When Man shall be forty and then he will cease
Humanity's writing its evanescence.
So here we will lie and thus be remembered:
'This is the specie created for dominion
Over plants of the Earth, all creatures and herd,
Sadly he caused all of their destruction.'
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~03.02.2014
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Epitaph For Man by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Contour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, To Anna Akhmatova - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, And again - the gusts... - Trans.., Lyudmila Purgina