An eagle and a chick.
I plead with you, sir, while you circle,
around my mother who is frightened, but not a coward,
When you carry me to greater height,
And put me on the branch of not velvet,
Please don’t poke my stomach to suck out,
What I had eaten and it may make me to cry loud,
Don’t snap my young joints to crunch the bones,
Don’t hold my feathers tight with your powerful claws,
Just keep my neck in between your razor sharp beaks,
Kill me first and have your feast in delight,
While my painless soul watches you in disguise,
Make your dinner out of my tender meat at sunset.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An eagle and a chick. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal