Jerry Behr Number 2
An Amazing Thing The Mind
Getting old is something we cannot stop
even though we hate the living crap of it.
Strands of grey hair start to emerge slowly
turning white, bones start to creak and groan.
We are not able to run around in life as we used to
and we walk so slowly with a walking stick.
An amazing thing is, if one can hold onto
their faculties the mind can still work even if
the whole body is wrinkly and groaning.
The mind still ticks, with all sorts of ideas.
This ticking keeps our spirits up even though
other things like sex is waning or completely dead.
Then there is another thing, we can’t stay up
to all hours of the night we have to retire to bed
because we are so dog tired at 10 o’clock.
However, the mind still ticks and ticks
ticks and even if we are lame or infirmed
we can still write poetry.©
Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Amazing Thing The Mind by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A Tale of Two Eateries, GEORGE AMADI
- THEY PASSED AWAY CALMLY رحلوا بهدوء, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A World, Just Within Reach, Doug Blair
- Enter Mario Gotze, GEORGE AMADI
- समनि नायथाय- 08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Change Of Heart, GEORGE AMADI
- The Okilo Sisters, Alexander Onoja
- To my son Seth, Tammy Ashton
- समनि नायथाय- 07, Ronjoy Brahma
- Friend, Abdullah alHemaidy