Jerry Behr Number 2
An Amazing Thing The Mind
Getting old is something we cannot stop
even though we hate the living crap of it.
Strands of grey hair start to emerge slowly
turning white, bones start to creak and groan.
We are not able to run around in life as we used to
and we walk so slowly with a walking stick.
An amazing thing is, if one can hold onto
their faculties the mind can still work even if
the whole body is wrinkly and groaning.
The mind still ticks, with all sorts of ideas.
This ticking keeps our spirits up even though
other things like sex is waning or completely dead.
Then there is another thing, we can’t stay up
to all hours of the night we have to retire to bed
because we are so dog tired at 10 o’clock.
However, the mind still ticks and ticks
ticks and even if we are lame or infirmed
we can still write poetry.©
Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Amazing Thing The Mind by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Earthquake, friend and foe, Siu Lun Tsui
- Inner Callings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spiritual Moments, Seema Chowdhury
- Promise of Spring, Seema Chowdhury
- Brunellus the Ass, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- Richness of Small Things, Seema Chowdhury
- My Coequal, Naveed Akram
- Gajanan Mishra - A Fellow Poet, Hardik Vaidya
- Energetic Shift, Seema Chowdhury
- The Best Time is Now, Seema Chowdhury