Jerry Behr Number 2
An Amazing Thing The Mind
Getting old is something we cannot stop
even though we hate the living crap of it.
Strands of grey hair start to emerge slowly
turning white, bones start to creak and groan.
We are not able to run around in life as we used to
and we walk so slowly with a walking stick.
An amazing thing is, if one can hold onto
their faculties the mind can still work even if
the whole body is wrinkly and groaning.
The mind still ticks, with all sorts of ideas.
This ticking keeps our spirits up even though
other things like sex is waning or completely dead.
Then there is another thing, we can’t stay up
to all hours of the night we have to retire to bed
because we are so dog tired at 10 o’clock.
However, the mind still ticks and ticks
ticks and even if we are lame or infirmed
we can still write poetry.©
Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Amazing Thing The Mind by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong
- For they were lovers each-other, Pijush Biswas