Jerry Behr Number 2
An Amazing Thing The Mind
Getting old is something we cannot stop
even though we hate the living crap of it.
Strands of grey hair start to emerge slowly
turning white, bones start to creak and groan.
We are not able to run around in life as we used to
and we walk so slowly with a walking stick.
An amazing thing is, if one can hold onto
their faculties the mind can still work even if
the whole body is wrinkly and groaning.
The mind still ticks, with all sorts of ideas.
This ticking keeps our spirits up even though
other things like sex is waning or completely dead.
Then there is another thing, we can’t stay up
to all hours of the night we have to retire to bed
because we are so dog tired at 10 o’clock.
However, the mind still ticks and ticks
ticks and even if we are lame or infirmed
we can still write poetry.©
Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Amazing Thing The Mind by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)