Jerry Behr Number 2
A Christian's Poem
In the Christian faith in eternity one gets to keep oneself.
For where anyone goes he is always going to be himself.
It is a powerful question to ask about oneself who he is, does he mind.
Self judgment is there, there's the pointing of the finger and fault to find.
One can only stand before God and through Jesus forgiveness ask.
Only through faith can oneself be oneself, which is a hard task.
Through forgiveness there is an armistice between God and oneself sought.
Born again of spirit it is the Dawn of a new day and the beginning of new thought.
Why should oneself fear oneself, through eternity of time you’re always yourself.
Who ever believes in me shall not perish says Jesus but live for eternity as himself.
“Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going? Painted so strong,
by Paul Gauguin while in Tahiti describing all the peoples amongst the throng.
What is death? Is it millions of years of blackness in space?
Is it an Elizabethan mansion amongst the clouds winning some moralistic race?
Each person has their own interpretation of what heaven could mean.
To find peace with oneself, that gives one self’s spirit its true sheen.
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christian's Poem by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ode To A Nightingale, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche