Happiness is a smile
In the heart -
The thought of someone brings.
Happiness is pretty days
With blue skies
And angels singing.
Beyond the dark
I feel like a true native
With the sun in my heart
I've found America's happiness.
Flashbacks of a black bear started
While I played the piano.
The memory of the Sierra came back from long ago.
When the bear appeared I wished to run
Far away to L.A. -
Santa Monica - a village next to how the mountains play.
Happiness is mother earth's bright sunshine in the wilderness.
A golden treasure the wild past gives us is deep peaceful bliss.
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America by Gayle Sweeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time The Talk About Fanaticism &.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Helpless, Robert Melliard
- नोँ सोर गोसो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Judge Is Not A Judge, The Court Is N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo