Lawrence S. Pertillar
An 'almost' sought to seek,
But for whatever the reason...
Not quite realized to reach,
Is as good as any intention to mention.
By those sitting to remain seated preaching,
About the importance of initiative.
To then talk about their experiences,
Of those things they could have done when young.
And 'almost' successful.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Almost Successful by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The palaces of the skies, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a buzz at night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To those sacred Places, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Green Signal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I will search, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A smile, Emmanuel George Cefai
- दोँ नै, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)