The Balassi Stanza is:
stanzaic, written as a line which can be broken into a tercet at the rhyme. Any number of lines or tercets may be written.
syllabic, a line of 19 syllables which can be broken into a tercet of 6-6-7 syllables per line.
rhymed, internal rhyme at the 6th and 12th syllables and the end rhyme of the line is the end rhyme of subsequent lines. When broken into tercets, the rhyme scheme is bbA ccA ddA etc.
They come they go the years
Immixed with woes tnd cheers
A monotone repeated
And summer is summer
Cold winter is winter
Changeless cycles repeated
My birth, my growth, my death
And what not else on this earth
A monotone repeated
They Come They Go The Years Immixed with woes and cheers A monotone repeated
And summer is summer Cold winter is winterChangeless cycles repeated
My birth, my groth, my deathAnd what not else on this earth A monotone repeated
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -151 by Indira Renganathan )
Did you read them?
- Equinox, Lawrence Beck
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)