A Train's Night Journey(Ottava Rima)
Ottava Rima or Sonnetto Rispetto, is:
A fast narrative.
Stanzaic, written in any number of octaves.
Metered, most often iambic pentameter sometimes tetrameter.
Rhymed, Rhyme scheme is abababcc.
Best for blending serious and satirical attitudes.
Composed with the final couplet that sums up and brings a twist Or enlightenment to the content of the stanza.
A Train's Night Journey
In urged haste it gluts its obese crowding
Kicking out its first breath whistles its drag
Slow huffs-puffs to tadak-tadaks speeding
Runs on rails with modesty of its brag
Oscillating bogies on fear-brooding
Of a lurking coleague in crossing lag
While nighted green breeze takes to refuge
In sleeping minds of varied colours huge
Going on thus the train with pause then and there
A maze of moon glitters along its way
Passing midnight in somewhat gloomy mare
A cautious force tows the train fast right way
Cheered tadak-tadaks, tadak-tadaks flare
When rouged sky streaks an arc of a heyday
Dawning minds breathe in breezing greens' rebirth
While the halting train kicks out its last breath
Poet Other Poems
- A Day With The Lord
- A Fevered Poem
- A Flower To Auroville Mother 24
- A Flower To Auroville Mother 25
- A Flower To Auroville Mother 26
- A Flower To Auroville Mother 27
- A Flower To Auroville Mother 28
- A Flower To Auroville Mother 29
- A Flower To Auroville Mother-1
- A Flower To Auroville Mother-10
- A Flower To Auroville Mother-100
- A Flower To Auroville Mother-101
- A Flower To Auroville Mother-102
- A Flower To Auroville Mother-103
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.