Geetima Baruah Sarma
O mother, let me acknowledge
your selfless toil and pristine love
that you've always showered on me
and guided me to the right path in life.
Even today, when I'm beside you,
your face beams with sheer delight
and your tender heart can understand
all my emotions even though it's a trace.
Sacrifice, patience, trust...
ever shine through your actions,
wisdom, affection, inspiration...
ever reflect in your words.
You led me by example and
instilled courage to face challenges,
your vision - noble and lofty,
Oh! I simply admire your simplicity.
Inculcating values and self-reliance,
you taught me how to be independent,
I'm always proud of you, dear mother,
O God, take care of her forever.
[Published: In 'Your Space' of the e-journal 'Muse India' on 2 February 2012]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acknowledgement by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal