Accidently At Synagogue
(For Lubee Masha)
As I am afraid of Jackals,
I went to synagogue
To see the Star of David.
But, it was not there!
The cemetery behind
Synagogue, filled with
The ancient mourning,
Predicament and wisdom
Remained me an autumn
An angel was with me!
She has roots in arts,
Eyes in winter,
Talmud in says,
Words in dance!
A mind leaning towards
Left tower, a body with
Ash color sparrows
She spoke to my heart.
I lost in her charm!
Dreaming, dreaming, dreaming…
"If you are a pretender,
Come sit by my fire,
For we have some
Flax- golden tales to spin.*
Come in! Come in! "
OH! The train has to move!
The heartbroken as
From a vivid,
Najeeb Vadakkekad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accidently At Synagogue by Najeeb Vadakkekad )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..