A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with the merry band
Shaded winding ways an streams
Humming brook brims an beams
Filtered light in misty shafts
Nudging floating leafy rafts
Rolling hills of beauteous view,
Grazing lands and yes mildew.
The eaten log fallen for years,
The beaten path of passing bears.
Bedded leaves and peeping flowers.
Forget-me-nots like blinking stars.
Worn and trodden winding paths
Stirring views of grassy swaths
Turned aside through lazy bends
Tranquil hush of an angler ends
Rustle of leaves and distant calls
a little saunter by the water falls
She so fresh; dimpled an cute,
full of life in her well worn suit.
chitter and chatter we paced along
Then she froze, we heard the gong
A pause! …then a zip an thud.
An arrow lands with a towed bud
Inched we forward to the moat,
hidden in the reeds, there a boat.
With a beam she said I have to go
As she slowly began to row
Waved we sad an slow good byes
Floated as she, away on my sighs
Dark in the shadows a hooded form
Click! I logged off, to stall the storm.
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with the merry band by saadat tahir )
Did you read them?
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)