saadat tahir (21011965 / Islamabad-Pakistan)
A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with the merry band
Shaded winding ways an streams
Humming brook brims an beams
Filtered light in misty shafts
Nudging floating leafy rafts
Rolling hills of beauteous view,
Grazing lands and yes mildew.
The eaten log fallen for years,
The beaten path of passing bears.
Bedded leaves and peeping flowers.
Forget-me-nots like blinking stars.
Worn and trodden winding paths
Stirring views of grassy swaths
Turned aside through lazy bends
Tranquil hush of an angler ends
Rustle of leaves and distant calls
a little saunter by the water falls
She so fresh; dimpled an cute,
full of life in her well worn suit.
chitter and chatter we paced along
Then she froze, we heard the gong
A pause! …then a zip an thud.
An arrow lands with a towed bud
Inched we forward to the moat,
hidden in the reeds, there a boat.
With a beam she said I have to go
As she slowly began to row
Waved we sad an slow good byes
Floated as she, away on my sighs
Dark in the shadows a hooded form
Click! I logged off, to stall the storm.
Poet Other Poems
- A Date with mem-Sahib...History with che...
- A Life Went Wrong.......the denial of li...
- A Place called HOME......the eldely infi...
- A spur of the moment challenge.... :)
- A Stretch in the Park
- A thousand wishes so…(T) 1711**
- A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with ...
- Across The Graveyard, A Wind Flays
- Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
- Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Li...
- Along a wandering wind… 2903-2k13
- Amidst infernos ablaze….0701-2k12
- Anathema.......racist chisms
- Angel feet….1907
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.