A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with the merry band
Shaded winding ways an streams
Humming brook brims an beams
Filtered light in misty shafts
Nudging floating leafy rafts
Rolling hills of beauteous view,
Grazing lands and yes mildew.
The eaten log fallen for years,
The beaten path of passing bears.
Bedded leaves and peeping flowers.
Forget-me-nots like blinking stars.
Worn and trodden winding paths
Stirring views of grassy swaths
Turned aside through lazy bends
Tranquil hush of an angler ends
Rustle of leaves and distant calls
a little saunter by the water falls
She so fresh; dimpled an cute,
full of life in her well worn suit.
chitter and chatter we paced along
Then she froze, we heard the gong
A pause! …then a zip an thud.
An arrow lands with a towed bud
Inched we forward to the moat,
hidden in the reeds, there a boat.
With a beam she said I have to go
As she slowly began to row
Waved we sad an slow good byes
Floated as she, away on my sighs
Dark in the shadows a hooded form
Click! I logged off, to stall the storm.
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with the merry band by saadat tahir )
- Banter, Stephen Peter Mills
- Old House, Naveed Khalid
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns