A sickness of conformity
Ndinesigulo. Hayi ayisose ngqondo
Kodwa into nantsi ihlaba entliziyweni.
Ithi mandiye kwantliziyo ndise, nyawo ndikhaphe.
A sickness that is a mystery to doctors
My own sickness that distinguishes me from the rest
A heart that seeks more that the eye sees
A sting in the heart that seeks adventure in a world of suits
Call me crazy. I understand, its the only label give to diamonds.
Andikho seBhofolo kodwa intliziyo yam ayiphilanga.
Everything in this life is done by mind.
All your decisions carefully contemplated.
Oh where has the joy of impulse gone
The freedom of freeing your own mind from prison
Which is why I live with my heart in my head and my grey matter right next to me.
Dont get me wrong. I dont beg to differ.
I am different.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A sickness of conformity by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland