A Scientist and A Poet!
Strange are these men,
people can enjoy their work,
one can't compare these,
one works are fiction
another work on fiction
but let us try and enjoy!
Scientist and Poet,
One studies the worlds,
And another studies words,
Both can be above human mind,
One play with his logic and another plays word magic!
Both scientists and Poets,
One upon his experiments,
And another upon mind,
One studies cause and effect in this world,
Another studies love and affectaction of world!
One take pains work for some purpose,
Another can lie under the nose,
Both stumble on luck,
Scientist discovers a truth,
Poet always plays with so many of them!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
ON THE NATURE OF REALITY
Near Potsdam is a small place called Caputh. There, upon a hill, stands a brown wooden house with a red tile roof. Round about, like sentinels, stand the slim trunks of pine trees. In the wooden villa dwells the mathematician, Albert Einstein. At about 4 o'clock one recent afternoon Rabindranath Tagore walked along the sandy path to the house. he wore a suit of soft, blue cloth; he leaned a bit forward as he walked and one hand was bent behind his back. Beside him stood sturdy, erect Einstein...
A scientist and poet met!
Comments about this poem (A Scientist and A Poet! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan