A Scientist and A Poet!
Strange are these men,
people can enjoy their work,
one can't compare these,
one works are fiction
another work on fiction
but let us try and enjoy!
Scientist and Poet,
One studies the worlds,
And another studies words,
Both can be above human mind,
One play with his logic and another plays word magic!
Both scientists and Poets,
One upon his experiments,
And another upon mind,
One studies cause and effect in this world,
Another studies love and affectaction of world!
One take pains work for some purpose,
Another can lie under the nose,
Both stumble on luck,
Scientist discovers a truth,
Poet always plays with so many of them!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
ON THE NATURE OF REALITY
Near Potsdam is a small place called Caputh. There, upon a hill, stands a brown wooden house with a red tile roof. Round about, like sentinels, stand the slim trunks of pine trees. In the wooden villa dwells the mathematician, Albert Einstein. At about 4 o'clock one recent afternoon Rabindranath Tagore walked along the sandy path to the house. he wore a suit of soft, blue cloth; he leaned a bit forward as he walked and one hand was bent behind his back. Beside him stood sturdy, erect Einstein...
A scientist and poet met!
Comments about this poem (A Scientist and A Poet! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
- Even eagles commit suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rosie, Jacquie StewartHeimann
- Hurt me or I Lie, Antonio Liao
- In Spiritual Comfort, John Beaumont
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)