A Scientist and A Poet!
Strange are these men,
people can enjoy their work,
one can't compare these,
one works are fiction
another work on fiction
but let us try and enjoy!
Scientist and Poet,
One studies the worlds,
And another studies words,
Both can be above human mind,
One play with his logic and another plays word magic!
Both scientists and Poets,
One upon his experiments,
And another upon mind,
One studies cause and effect in this world,
Another studies love and affectaction of world!
One take pains work for some purpose,
Another can lie under the nose,
Both stumble on luck,
Scientist discovers a truth,
Poet always plays with so many of them!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
ON THE NATURE OF REALITY
Near Potsdam is a small place called Caputh. There, upon a hill, stands a brown wooden house with a red tile roof. Round about, like sentinels, stand the slim trunks of pine trees. In the wooden villa dwells the mathematician, Albert Einstein. At about 4 o'clock one recent afternoon Rabindranath Tagore walked along the sandy path to the house. he wore a suit of soft, blue cloth; he leaned a bit forward as he walked and one hand was bent behind his back. Beside him stood sturdy, erect Einstein...
A scientist and poet met!
Comments about this poem (A Scientist and A Poet! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
- Coming To Light, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sally With Arachnophobia ..... [SPIDERS.., Bri Edwards
- We Sleep in Buses (pirates), Mr. Nobody
- Hollow Bricks, Curtlan Popo
- Only pleasure, hasmukh amathalal
- Splendid Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pirate Infection in my Veins, Mr. Nobody
- Remnants, Jack Growden
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)