Vachel Lindsay (November 10, 1879 – December 5, 1931 / Springfield, Illinois)
A Prayer to All the Dead among Mine Own People
Are these your presences, my clan from Heaven?
Are these your hands upon my wounded soul?
Mine own, mine own, blood of my blood be with me,
Fly by my path till you have made me whole!
Poet Other Poems
- A Colloquial Reply: To Any Newsboy
- A Curse for Kings
- A Dirge for a Righteous Kitten
- A Net to Snare the Moonlight
- A Prayer to All the Dead among Mine Own ...
- A Rhyme About an Electrical Advertising ...
- A Sense of Humor
- Above the Battle's Front
- Abraham Lincoln Walks at Midnight
- Aladdin and the Jinn
- Alone in the Wind, on the Prairie
- An Apology for the Bottle Volcanic
- An Argument
- An Indian Summer Day on the Prairie
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.