~A Poet's Journey...
A long time ago, while I wrote poetry
My hand involuntarily would create grief and pain.
Through all my verses, through my stanzas,
Wings of solitude had taken place.
So I threw the pen away one day;
I was so very tired of composing sadness.
And started the journey, I the curious poet,
In search of my inspiring lyrical happiness.
I went by the sea and witnessed how the waves,
Surging from the deep, the beach were gently kissing.
I placed their fiery passion in my notebook, with me,
To have it as a paradigm someday in my writings.
I captured the liveliness of the swift, swift wind and,
From the magnificent stars, I got their gold plated light.
The meadows and the mountains bestowed me their dreams.
The children gave me their laughter, sweet and bright.
As I was approaching the green lively garden
Fascinated, admiring the red blown rose buds,
I felt your company bringing me shivers.
Why weren't you present earlier in my life? !
No more did I chase the amber falling leaves
When the golden autumn let them fall down from trees.
For see, you became now my inspiring muse.
My half inner soul, got already fulfilled.
The pen in my hand is now merrily singing,
As I find myself taken in your sweet embrace.
We're peacefully sitting on a rock by the sea.
The sun is setting down, with charm and grace.
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~A Poet's Journey... by Besa Dede )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson