A Poem Without a Single Bird in It
What can I say to you, darling,
When you ask me for help?
I do not even know the future
Or even what poetry
We are going to write.
Commit suicide. Go mad. Better people
Than either of us have tried it.
I loved you once but
I do not know the future.
I only know that I love strength in my friends
And hate the way their bodies crack when they die
And are eaten by images.
The fun’s over. The picnic’s over.
Go mad. Commit suicide. There will be nothing left
After you die or go mad,
But the calmness of poetry.
Jack Spicer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem Without a Single Bird in It by Jack Spicer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- As darkness falls, Danielle Dessels
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -75, Ronjoy Brahma
- zoveel stuckken, zoveel vragen een puzze.., co the skipper
- DEPENDING ON ME, Satish Verma
- Happiness, Danielle Dessels
- No More a Refugee, Guillermo Veloso
- Victim, Danielle Dessels
- When The Baby Started Crying, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fare thee well, bryan wallace
- hycooo, Morgan Michaels