Rahman Henry Poems
- Dynasty Of Arrogance The night is taken by the rain. ...
- Homeland Mystery is my Homeland And I was born once more ...
- Travelling Experience I have a little experience of ...
- The Autumn Flowers One-night blooms with its lifetime, In ...
- The Christmas Tree -new- Stays standing only Unblinking; once or ...
- If If not a man but I were created only as a tree, I ...
Poet, Literary Critic, Translator of world Poetry and an author of 14 books of poetry from Bangladesh. Henry is The Editor of a poetry Magazine 'POET TREE' by name.
The list of poets whose at least one or more poems are translated by Rahman Henry in his native language (Bengali) :
01. Robert Frost
02. Pablo Neruda
03. Maya Angelou
04. William Blake
05. Emily Dickinson
06. Rudyard Kipling
07. Octavio Paz
08. Langston Hughes
09. Edgar Allan Poe
10. William Butler Yeats
11. Ezra Pound
12. William Faulkner
13. E E Cummings
14. William Wordsworth
15. Robert Herrick
and more 125 to name. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Our bashful poems are livingAt Those Rural Townships / Poem by Rahman Henry
At those rural townships, moving
On hooded rickshaws, amid dirt''
''Cellphone: a luxurious misinvention of this century''It's Ringing The Cellphone / Poem by Rahman Henry
''Still, none can get rid of death;Life And Death / Poem by Rahman Henry
It grows a little throughout living bodies.''
Dynasty Of Arrogance
The night is taken by the rain.
Someone came out of the mirror
in my lone bedroom and said:
'I want to stay awake with you! '
It is dark outside and flooding insane.
The high ambition is down to the knee
And a dynasty of arrogance is diminished
like a straw going down the stream.