A Place I Wish
Lying on the bed with imagination ruling my mind,
I wonder if there exist a place where happiness I can find.
A place far away from this selfish land where I can be me,
A place where there are no restrictions and I can fly free.
A place which lack emotions, feelings and pain,
A place where there is God to walk along with me on every lane.
A place where wonders and magic exist,
So that I can forget the things I want to, so that I can get out of this pain and suffering too.
A place where money doesn't rule,
A place where no one can be made fool.
A place where exist loyalty,
A place where love is free of durability
A place where only our loved ones exist, with whom I can spend infinite time,
Where I can spread happiness around and like a bright star I shine.
A place where I can meet God whenever I’m low,
And question him why the things happened so.
Why you sent such person in my life who are not meant to be,
Why have you sent me in this world where I can’t be me.
Millions of questions I need to ask to Lord for this suffering,
Where is the place you exist lying on the bed I keep wondering…
Sayli Satam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place I Wish by Sayli Satam )
- Elegy Number Six, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number Three, Nouri al Jarrah
- looking, llinda bevan
- Elegy Number Two, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number One, Nouri al Jarrah
- Economic Rugs., Bieze Josephat
- Mama et Papa, Sentamu Aziz
- Roses, Kwai Chee Low
- The Crownless King, Sentamu Aziz
- My Windy Friend, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)