A Place I Wish
Lying on the bed with imagination ruling my mind,
I wonder if there exist a place where happiness I can find.
A place far away from this selfish land where I can be me,
A place where there are no restrictions and I can fly free.
A place which lack emotions, feelings and pain,
A place where there is God to walk along with me on every lane.
A place where wonders and magic exist,
So that I can forget the things I want to, so that I can get out of this pain and suffering too.
A place where money doesn't rule,
A place where no one can be made fool.
A place where exist loyalty,
A place where love is free of durability
A place where only our loved ones exist, with whom I can spend infinite time,
Where I can spread happiness around and like a bright star I shine.
A place where I can meet God whenever I’m low,
And question him why the things happened so.
Why you sent such person in my life who are not meant to be,
Why have you sent me in this world where I can’t be me.
Millions of questions I need to ask to Lord for this suffering,
Where is the place you exist lying on the bed I keep wondering…
Sayli Satam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place I Wish by Sayli Satam )
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)