A Place I Wish
Lying on the bed with imagination ruling my mind,
I wonder if there exist a place where happiness I can find.
A place far away from this selfish land where I can be me,
A place where there are no restrictions and I can fly free.
A place which lack emotions, feelings and pain,
A place where there is God to walk along with me on every lane.
A place where wonders and magic exist,
So that I can forget the things I want to, so that I can get out of this pain and suffering too.
A place where money doesn't rule,
A place where no one can be made fool.
A place where exist loyalty,
A place where love is free of durability
A place where only our loved ones exist, with whom I can spend infinite time,
Where I can spread happiness around and like a bright star I shine.
A place where I can meet God whenever I’m low,
And question him why the things happened so.
Why you sent such person in my life who are not meant to be,
Why have you sent me in this world where I can’t be me.
Millions of questions I need to ask to Lord for this suffering,
Where is the place you exist lying on the bed I keep wondering…
Sayli Satam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place I Wish by Sayli Satam )
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)