A Place I Wish
Lying on the bed with imagination ruling my mind,
I wonder if there exist a place where happiness I can find.
A place far away from this selfish land where I can be me,
A place where there are no restrictions and I can fly free.
A place which lack emotions, feelings and pain,
A place where there is God to walk along with me on every lane.
A place where wonders and magic exist,
So that I can forget the things I want to, so that I can get out of this pain and suffering too.
A place where money doesn't rule,
A place where no one can be made fool.
A place where exist loyalty,
A place where love is free of durability
A place where only our loved ones exist, with whom I can spend infinite time,
Where I can spread happiness around and like a bright star I shine.
A place where I can meet God whenever I’m low,
And question him why the things happened so.
Why you sent such person in my life who are not meant to be,
Why have you sent me in this world where I can’t be me.
Millions of questions I need to ask to Lord for this suffering,
Where is the place you exist lying on the bed I keep wondering…
Sayli Satam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place I Wish by Sayli Satam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Raising boys, christina hodges
- Not Goodbye But See You Later, Amber Collins
Poem of the Day
- Paris Will Never Be The Same, Alan W. Jankowski
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Alan W. Jankowski
- Grandpa, Alan W. Jankowski
- Happiness And Purpose, Alan W. Jankowski
- MY OATH DUE TO YOUR LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal