A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Persons In The Land Of Gods!
O’ A girl who adorns her hairdo
…with flowers rich in honey!
A person who doesn't like killing persons,
…doesn’t kill any other living beings,
doesn’t qualm for eating flesh,
…shall n’t make others in most distress,
shall not take vengeance,
…never act with partiality at the least,
is not only superior to the people
…of this earthly world,
but also superior to the holy persons
…in the land of Gods!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A person who is superior to the holy persons in the land of Gods! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'YElaathi' by Poet KaNimEthaaviyaar.
கொலைபுரியான் கொல்லான் புலான்மயங்கான் கூர்த்த
அலைபுரியான் வஞ்சியான் யாதும் - நிலைதிரியான்
மண்ணவர்க்கு மன்றி மதுமலிபூங் கோதாய்
விண்ணவர்க்கு மேலாய் விடும்.2 ஏலாதி
Comments about this poem (A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Persons In The Land Of Gods! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)