Ace Of Black Hearts
A Once Quiet Retreat.
All choked up, but it's too late to stop.
The fire is burning.
Time to spread the gasoline.
Getting high off the fumes of deadly desires.
They call me a cold S.O.B.
And just maybe I am.
But I wasn't always.
A soul decayed.
When searching within where is it we begin?
I do not desire your forgiveness.
Take it any way you want it.
Here have my last bitter black rose.
I have been holding on it for just such a special occasion.
And it is just something else I don't need.
It will too wilt away and die over time.
Memories that never seem to rhyme.
Stars that never align.
A portrait melting away.
Who was that?
Just another outcast.
Dressed in black.
Ready for a funeral each and everyday.
Be careful not to scare that man right into an heart attack.
What a bore, hey lets have a parade.
Marching our feet over all these dead bodies 6ft under.
Maybe they'll wake up, or maybe they will just rollover.
Stone cold sober.
I done feel the need to dull the senses in anyway.
Just let pain set in.
Silver tear drops do turn into rainbows sometimes.
And let that sometime be today.
The light bends and sways.
Overindulgent in the decadence.
If you can, why can't I?
A flag under another name is one and the same.
A leader with no followers.
And followers with no leader.
This a funny world in which we live.
Not just the shits and giggles.
But the rolling on the floor laughing and not being able to get up hours.
At least it feels the that way at times.
But I'm no clock watcher, hell I try to even forget my own birthday.
Why should I celebrate, my own birth anymore then any others.
Just another day in Davy Jones locker as far as I'm concern.
My discourse to be free as I can be in this land of life and liberty.
If you don't like it please don't read.
Don't expect me to lie to you, for your amusement or sadistic pleasure.
This my journal, not yours.
If I don't impress you, good that was never my intention.
I just need a place to escape.
And this is my secluded cabin in the middle of the rainforest.
Please don't ever try to take it away from me.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Once Quiet Retreat. by Ace Of Black Hearts )
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Pretty little rain cloud, Mark Heathcote
- Numb, Michael P. McParland
- Lust or double love, Emmanuel Adekunle
- A Crush, Michael P. McParland
- A Bit Of Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- A Billion Years, Michael P. McParland
- Obsessive/Oblivious, Michael P. McParland
- that smelly stuff that gets real and som.., Mandolyn ...
- The Rice Eaters, Tony Adah
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck