A Mothers Love
I held you close, sweet child of mine,
Soft, velvet skin, you looked divine.
My darling child, my little one,
Safe in my arms, your life began.
I watched you grow, with tender love
My little Angel, from Heaven above.
I tucked you into bed at night,
Looked in on you, your eyes shut tight.
I taught you, oh so many things,
The ways of life, and what it brings.
You're now grown up, how time has flown,
Decisions made, all on your own.
Wherever you are, and whatever you do,
You're always my baby, that's for sure.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mothers Love by Jayne Davies )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner