A Moment For All Time
Scenes of design, origin~
cherry, gingko, or maple trees
.....a Japanese screen transplanted in kind.
Some five koi splashed blue;
how beautiful their value’s worth.
Painted odd spots of orange,
a winged one, yellow, black, some gold
.....flits and flutters amongst old, spotted blue;
a sun kissed garden, pink
blushed, passionately lush through and through.
Come lovers of nature,
peonies for her hat; mossy
.....green, his cap... consider the blue waters~
hope for enlightenment,
linger to drink, linger to think.
Scent of garden’s sweet face,
nature’s ancient brush paints anew
.....a portrait orientally sublime
pen and ink yields a love
linked scroll, poetry finds its way.
Like truth endowed, in awe~
Inspired and draped in harmony
.....hearts race, passions pace, and with strange delight....
catching breath, resting now,
birds, the swallows, twitter their songs.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Moment For All Time by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- P08222014, Andy Caldwell
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas