Bazi alis Subrata Ray
A Lover’s Vain Effort Estimate To His Darling. by Ray Subrata
My darling like a brook,
Flows through the remotest glades,
My love’s boat at her will she leads,
And keeps untouched by any probable threat.
My darling like a roe, -runs wild in my heart,
No effort of mine can avail of any concrete part.
In a dimly cloudy pitter- patter vale,
Waging rainbow she buds her tail,
And I her knight after, Holy Grail,
Feel her wildness in the strangest grace.
Never could I prove equal to the unfolding of her prime,
If the universe be the page, ocean be ink, I could finish my rime.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lover’s Vain Effort Estimate To His Darling. by Ray Subrata by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Snow, Walter de la Mare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Unified Objections, Lawrence S. Pertillar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Percy Bysshe Shelley