Bazi alis Subrata Ray
A Lover’s Vain Effort Estimate To His Darling. by Ray Subrata
My darling like a brook,
Flows through the remotest glades,
My love’s boat at her will she leads,
And keeps untouched by any probable threat.
My darling like a roe, -runs wild in my heart,
No effort of mine can avail of any concrete part.
In a dimly cloudy pitter- patter vale,
Waging rainbow she buds her tail,
And I her knight after, Holy Grail,
Feel her wildness in the strangest grace.
Never could I prove equal to the unfolding of her prime,
If the universe be the page, ocean be ink, I could finish my rime.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lover’s Vain Effort Estimate To His Darling. by Ray Subrata by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The sky viewer, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Love without Tongue, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Bittersweet, Maurice Whyte
- Crazy Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- First Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Walk like a Penguin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- No-where One, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Cry of Torn Leaf, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Amdo (love), Missau Missau
- Dynamic Frustration, Zillur Rahman Shuvro