A LOVE I WAS LUCKY TO FIND
> >> You know I must say, that it's not every day.
> >> That you meet a young girl such as you.
> >> That's why I was sad, and then I got mad.
> >> When I thought we were possibly through.
> >> You know me so well, in my anger I fell.
> >> It's so hard for me to stay cool.
> >> I know I am kind, and at peace in my mind.
> >> I don't know why I act such a fool
> >> One thing is true, there's nothing I'd do.
> >> To harm you or hurt you my friend.
> >> You may think it not true, but I love you I do.
> >> And our friendship I hope we can mend.
> >> Your beauty to me, is all I can see.
> >> And it hurts me when you stay away
> >> Keep trying I must, it's for love and not lust.
> >> To see you I constantly pray.
> >> I just wanted to be, your hero you see.
> >> But I can't seem to rid you of fear
> >> To continue each day, I will try every way.
> >> To hold you and kiss you my dear.
> >> If God were to let, you and I could forget.
> >> The problems that came from the past.
> >> And then we could be, best of friends you and me.
> >> With a friendship that truly could last.
> >> We've been through a lot, known as Mandy and Scott.
> >> I can't get it out of my mind.
> >> Our love truly pure, being soulmates for sure.
> >> A love I was lucky to find
Scott Salmon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A LOVE I WAS LUCKY TO FIND by Scott Salmon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 August 1896 - 9 March 1947)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Unwanted, Michael P. McParland
- Wandering Wasteland, Michael P. McParland
- Midnight Poem, Is It Poetry
- Why Am I? ....., Michael P. McParland
- Your Hate, Michael P. McParland
- Lump, Michael P. McParland
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota