A Long Dress
That is the current that makes machinery,
that makes it crackle,
what is the current that presents a long line and a necessary waist.
What is this current.
What is the wind, what is it.
Where is the serene length,
it is there and a dark place is not a dark place,
only a white and red are black, only a yellow and green are blue,
a pink is scarlet, a bow is every color. A line distinguishes it.
A line just distinguishes it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long Dress by Gertrude Stein )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Love's Secret, Luo Zhihai
- A Little Boy Lost, Luo Zhihai
- Invisible people, Lubinda Lubinda
- Eternity, Tushar Ray
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy