A Long Dress
That is the current that makes machinery,
that makes it crackle,
what is the current that presents a long line and a necessary waist.
What is this current.
What is the wind, what is it.
Where is the serene length,
it is there and a dark place is not a dark place,
only a white and red are black, only a yellow and green are blue,
a pink is scarlet, a bow is every color. A line distinguishes it.
A line just distinguishes it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long Dress by Gertrude Stein )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Modi Saheb, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inspiration Is Dead In Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Brothers, Raymond A. Foss
- Politician, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- My Brother, Raymond A. Foss
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal