A Long Dress
That is the current that makes machinery,
that makes it crackle,
what is the current that presents a long line and a necessary waist.
What is this current.
What is the wind, what is it.
Where is the serene length,
it is there and a dark place is not a dark place,
only a white and red are black, only a yellow and green are blue,
a pink is scarlet, a bow is every color. A line distinguishes it.
A line just distinguishes it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long Dress by Gertrude Stein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'A mess', Wolfie Scott
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese