Dear Micki, You will always be
Your Daddy's favorite little girl.
Some day you'll be with Mom and me.
Till then, be good for Uncle Earl.
It was my fault that we got sick.
I pray to God that you'll forgive
Me my mistakes. I'm sorry Mick.
I gave you one hard life to live;
But Micki, face it with a grin.
Fill up your heart with hope and love.
Be sure to take your medicine.
There's nothing you can't rise above.
Remember when you hurt so bad,
Mom and I are with you. Love Dad.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.I.D.S. Orphan by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost