A Work in Distraction
While at work, what does distract me?
Inquiring minds just have to know.
Am I too tired or too hungry?
Is email a distracting woe?
I'm told I need to concentrate
On concentrating on my job,
Or unemployed will be my fate,
Cuz I am wasting time a gob.
To note how bad distraction is,
Survey firms are fully alurk.
Money to make is survey biz,
Working on why I hardly work.
I'm distracted, least once a day,
To take a distraction survey.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Work in Distraction by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 April 1889 – 10 January 1957)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part Three Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- con man, lee fones
- I love Winter, but it's cruel احب الشتاء.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- And so we go on, Gina Borrebach
- Baby if this is love, Dorsey Baker
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Mayling, Arno Le Roux
- Naming Our Wall, Arno Le Roux
- Oh Beautiful Arkansas, Dorsey Baker
- Those one thousand miles, MOHAMMAD SKATI