A Work in Distraction
While at work, what does distract me?
Inquiring minds just have to know.
Am I too tired or too hungry?
Is email a distracting woe?
I'm told I need to concentrate
On concentrating on my job,
Or unemployed will be my fate,
Cuz I am wasting time a gob.
To note how bad distraction is,
Survey firms are fully alurk.
Money to make is survey biz,
Working on why I hardly work.
I'm distracted, least once a day,
To take a distraction survey.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Work in Distraction by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow
- Destiny! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Valentino's Victory Lap, Charles Hancock
- A Best friend to someone like me, Yselle Lucas
- Is it stress, Robert Ronnow
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal