A glimpse of what could be
I had a dream and within this dream there sat her and I,
She, in my arms, looked up at me,
Then talked towards the sky.
'I think I found him, the one I love;
He has taken my heart and driven me blind,
He makes me happy, without even trying,
And to tie it all up, he is in fact mine.'
That being said, I glanced down at her,
Smiled, blinked and then kissed above her eye.
'You're talking about me, I surely hope, being the man you love,
And if that's true, ill love you till the very day we die.'
The longer we sat there the more we talked,
Believing that every word spoken was not a lie.
I grew happier sitting there with her in the open field,
Being accompanied by that of a breath taking sky.
All time seems to stop when we are together,
For the simple fact that every second feels like forever,
Because she is what brings a smile to my face,
And that feeling of joy is what lights up my day,
As if her and her alone is all I need to stay happy in this place.
Now at the end of this day I will go home and she will go away,
I will get in bed as she will wait till day,
And finally the past will repeat itself in such a brilliant way,
We will meet up again, be together, and maybe next time stay.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A glimpse of what could be by Bailey Schatte )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns