A glimpse of what could be
I had a dream and within this dream there sat her and I,
She, in my arms, looked up at me,
Then talked towards the sky.
'I think I found him, the one I love;
He has taken my heart and driven me blind,
He makes me happy, without even trying,
And to tie it all up, he is in fact mine.'
That being said, I glanced down at her,
Smiled, blinked and then kissed above her eye.
'You're talking about me, I surely hope, being the man you love,
And if that's true, ill love you till the very day we die.'
The longer we sat there the more we talked,
Believing that every word spoken was not a lie.
I grew happier sitting there with her in the open field,
Being accompanied by that of a breath taking sky.
All time seems to stop when we are together,
For the simple fact that every second feels like forever,
Because she is what brings a smile to my face,
And that feeling of joy is what lights up my day,
As if her and her alone is all I need to stay happy in this place.
Now at the end of this day I will go home and she will go away,
I will get in bed as she will wait till day,
And finally the past will repeat itself in such a brilliant way,
We will meet up again, be together, and maybe next time stay.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A glimpse of what could be by Bailey Schatte )
- Four Line Poem, Deborah Eker
- Saving The World, Ronald Chapman
- Corruption, Sandra Feldman
- Cannot Take Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Beautiful Story of You, Corey Jones
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)