A Girl and Sunflowers
A cool December morning,
In the midst of gently swaying sea of brightly yellow sunflowers,
Stood a beautiful girl,
Her face bright as the warm morning sunlight,
eyes sparkling like diamond,
and lips smiling sweetly as honey.
What is she thinking? What are her feelings?
Like hidden treasures of the deep ocean,
your feelings remain mysterious to me.
a bright yellow sunflower in your left hand,
close to your beautiful face.
Here’s my sincere wish,
grant me a brief moment to know you,
Thus breaking this chain of loneliness of a long journey,
where nights are cold and endless,
For a lonely traveller’s heart.
(Belgaum, Dec 2010)
spiritual seeker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Girl and Sunflowers by spiritual seeker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer