Geetima Baruah Sarma
(Dedicated to my mother)
You smiled at me,
Even though you were in pain,
You sacrificed for me,
Never thought about your gain.
You brought me up,
With lots of love and affection,
You stood by me,
Giving me utmost protection.
You inculcated in me,
Good habits and values,
You patiently taught me,
Prepare savoury menus.
You still care for me,
Although I stay remote,
You are divine to me,
My precious gift from God.
[Published: 4 February 2012 in 'feelings' column of 'Horizon', the Saturday supplement of 'The Assam Tribune']
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gift by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- News Of Tragedies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Natural Life's Aura, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Confessed, Sandra Feldman
- LONELY, Egbe Chris
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI