Geetima Baruah Sarma
(Dedicated to my mother)
You smiled at me,
Even though you were in pain,
You sacrificed for me,
Never thought about your gain.
You brought me up,
With lots of love and affection,
You stood by me,
Giving me utmost protection.
You inculcated in me,
Good habits and values,
You patiently taught me,
Prepare savoury menus.
You still care for me,
Although I stay remote,
You are divine to me,
My precious gift from God.
[Published: 4 February 2012 in 'feelings' column of 'Horizon', the Saturday supplement of 'The Assam Tribune']
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gift by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.