A Friend Like Naomi
I have found a friend,
A butterfly after my own heart,
I have discovered a friend dear friends,
An Angel covered in mud...
A friend i have discovered may be a she,
She is a she that never complains,
A she that is too free to give you peace,
A she that has colourful, beautiful, wonderful spread-out wings...
A friend i have found,
Not in heaven - it was sitting here - down on the ground,
You may not hear it speaking,
Concealed in deep silence but its heart reasoning,
A friend too open - you can feel what it is feeling...
You can hear its thoughts,
A friend too humble - that admits when in the wrong,
A friend - though a she - yet too strong,
A friend i have found,
A butterfly after my own heart...
You all need a friend like Naomi,
A friend who will call you - like she calls me,
Light in complexion,
Not short - not tall,
Not fat - not slim,
A friend with a heart - a heart too long,
A friend who mistakes you for an icon,
Who holds your hand even in distress...
Such a friend is to be appreciated,
Cherished and celebrated,
Such a friend is to be held on to,
Trusted - respected - well spoken of - say all that is true...
A friend like that of mine,
The one that makes you love life,
A friend that directs you to the light,
Well - this one even makes me rhyme,
She makes me smile,
She has been a friend of mine now for a time...
A friend like Naomi
Dear friends i have found a friend,
A friend you should consider making a friend,
Ones like her are rare,
Hard to find anywhere...
I dont mind sharing her,
But you have to promise to treat her like a friend! ! !
A FRIEND LIKE NAOMI
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Friend Like Naomi by Buti Roos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones