A Friend Like Naomi
I have found a friend,
A butterfly after my own heart,
I have discovered a friend dear friends,
An Angel covered in mud...
A friend i have discovered may be a she,
She is a she that never complains,
A she that is too free to give you peace,
A she that has colourful, beautiful, wonderful spread-out wings...
A friend i have found,
Not in heaven - it was sitting here - down on the ground,
You may not hear it speaking,
Concealed in deep silence but its heart reasoning,
A friend too open - you can feel what it is feeling...
You can hear its thoughts,
A friend too humble - that admits when in the wrong,
A friend - though a she - yet too strong,
A friend i have found,
A butterfly after my own heart...
You all need a friend like Naomi,
A friend who will call you - like she calls me,
Light in complexion,
Not short - not tall,
Not fat - not slim,
A friend with a heart - a heart too long,
A friend who mistakes you for an icon,
Who holds your hand even in distress...
Such a friend is to be appreciated,
Cherished and celebrated,
Such a friend is to be held on to,
Trusted - respected - well spoken of - say all that is true...
A friend like that of mine,
The one that makes you love life,
A friend that directs you to the light,
Well - this one even makes me rhyme,
She makes me smile,
She has been a friend of mine now for a time...
A friend like Naomi
Dear friends i have found a friend,
A friend you should consider making a friend,
Ones like her are rare,
Hard to find anywhere...
I dont mind sharing her,
But you have to promise to treat her like a friend! ! !
A FRIEND LIKE NAOMI
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Friend Like Naomi by Buti Roos )
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
- Gathering Broken Glasses By I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Filling Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Am Too Old Not To Be Humble, Shalom Freedman
- Riding Through Edges, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Corset, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)