A Friend Like Naomi
I have found a friend,
A butterfly after my own heart,
I have discovered a friend dear friends,
An Angel covered in mud...
A friend i have discovered may be a she,
She is a she that never complains,
A she that is too free to give you peace,
A she that has colourful, beautiful, wonderful spread-out wings...
A friend i have found,
Not in heaven - it was sitting here - down on the ground,
You may not hear it speaking,
Concealed in deep silence but its heart reasoning,
A friend too open - you can feel what it is feeling...
You can hear its thoughts,
A friend too humble - that admits when in the wrong,
A friend - though a she - yet too strong,
A friend i have found,
A butterfly after my own heart...
You all need a friend like Naomi,
A friend who will call you - like she calls me,
Light in complexion,
Not short - not tall,
Not fat - not slim,
A friend with a heart - a heart too long,
A friend who mistakes you for an icon,
Who holds your hand even in distress...
Such a friend is to be appreciated,
Cherished and celebrated,
Such a friend is to be held on to,
Trusted - respected - well spoken of - say all that is true...
A friend like that of mine,
The one that makes you love life,
A friend that directs you to the light,
Well - this one even makes me rhyme,
She makes me smile,
She has been a friend of mine now for a time...
A friend like Naomi
Dear friends i have found a friend,
A friend you should consider making a friend,
Ones like her are rare,
Hard to find anywhere...
I dont mind sharing her,
But you have to promise to treat her like a friend! ! !
A FRIEND LIKE NAOMI
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Friend Like Naomi by Buti Roos )
- Distorted image, Md. Asadullah
- Our Creator, Margaret Moran
- Pocket Knife, Cheyenne Rhon
- By Making My Soul Glow, Rohit Sapra
- Metre and melody, gajanan mishra
- The Rest, Frank Avon
- The kingdom, gajanan mishra
- The Headland Wreck, David Lewis Paget
- THE MIND OF POET, Kashif khan
- Spiritually Bound, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1440 - 1518)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)