Time is ever fleeting
never stays in one spot;
time keeps on 'keepin' on'
whether I want it to or not.
Hours turn into days
the months and years fly by;
time a constant companion
remains steady at my side.
But only so much is allotted
all things must come to an end;
it's easier to accept it with grace
knowing time is really a friend.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend by Carolyn Brunelle )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)