Time is ever fleeting
never stays in one spot;
time keeps on 'keepin' on'
whether I want it to or not.
Hours turn into days
the months and years fly by;
time a constant companion
remains steady at my side.
But only so much is allotted
all things must come to an end;
it's easier to accept it with grace
knowing time is really a friend.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend by Carolyn Brunelle )
- I am turning, Aftab Alam
- The Creator is beyond, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Warmth (In Your Arms), Michael McParland
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)