A Failed Leadership
A path was drawn for his leadership,
No man had ever been more blessed,
Destined by God to loosen the grip
Of Philistine hold and grant Israel rest.
Born through the hand of the Almighty,
To a sterile woman and set apart for God,
A Nazirite from birth, strong physically,
He sadly grew up to be a stubborn lad.
He was weak with women and in character,
Devoid of respect and had a quick temper,
Prone to resolve all issues with anger
Through violent rage ending up with murder.
With all his physique, he failed to free
His land Israel from her captivity.
Revenge was his focus, his main agenda
Till he fell in love with sly Delilah.
Empty in the head and never had a plan,
Samson was a strong hunk but failed as a man.
Delilah had used him and with his sight gone,
He ended up a toy for the Philistine fun.
At the last minute, he prayed for God's mercy,
His strength was restored albeit in futility,
He died in his blindness physically
But then he saw Truth spiritually.
In the Book of Judges, he is remembered
As the man with potentials for great leadership,
Without God in his life, his purpose was hindered,
In death he lost that success from his grip.
There are Samsons today, in our times.
With all their knowledge, they engage in crime,
For strength and power, dollars and dimes,
Failed leadership is a generation's slime.
' 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit', says the Lord Almighty.'
ZECHARIAH 4: 6
Copyright Cynthia Buhain-Baello
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Failed Leadership by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave