A different breed of men
Meet me in St. Louie, meet me in St. Paul,
Meet me in Seattle or don't meet me at all.
See me in New York, see me in L. A.,
See me in Salt Lake City, or San Francisco Bay.
Watch for me in Houston, watch for me in Big D,
Or check out Arizona, perhaps that's where I'll be.
The itch to roam is strong, I cannot sit too long,
The winds are calling me, and I must heed its song.
There's men that can't stay still, they must be on the road,
There's men that can't be rooted, they do not fit the mode.
You'll find them way out west, or on the eastern coast,
Wherever you may find them, they cannot be the host.
They can't stand being tied down, to any certain thing,
They can't stand being stagnant, they must be on the wing.
Time for them means nothing, time for them is now,
You see them hiking mountains, not behind a plow.
They've a restless urge to wander, down many paths of life,
They cannot comprehend to loaf, most don't have a wife.
They're the hermits and the misfits, just ordinary men,
But they don't break at all, and neither do they bend.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A different breed of men by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan