A Game Of Chance
Do you have dreams that you may cease to be?
Have you a plan that may not see its end?
Then say hello to a world of fate that you can't see,
and kay sa ra and what the hell is happening, my friend.
In gambling, it's termed a game of chance,
in insurance, it's just a risk you take -
and while they frolic in the nude in France,
You may or may not...have that slice of cake.
It's the spin of the dice, that rules tomorrow,
It's the cards that fall, just who knows where -
that determines whether it be joy or sorrow,
and whether or not you'll you'll cry or care.
Lady luck, she's just a figment of your mind,
If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all -
and as the memories of happiness unwind,
let's hope you cash them in before you fall.
Life's a token, no pot of gold is there for taking,
It's a shoot-out all the way, a game of win or lose -
It's your planning, struggling in the making,
It's yours to grasp whatever way you choose.
Let's hope you find it, before it kills you,
Before the dreams and plans all turn to dust;
Before goals have died with the morning dew,
and all you've had and done has turned to rust.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Game Of Chance by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- par, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Wind Has Caught The Tattered Rainbow.., mary douglas
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas